Ahhhhh February. Once again you have arrived bearing gifts of chocolate, roses and LOVE! Here are some ways squeezing in romance on Valentine's Day are possible, even if the kids are part of the occasion, for a special day.
Celebrating Valentine's Day with the entire family can be challenging unless you are willing to plan some kid-friendly activities that you can all enjoy together. You can serve up some Valentine's Day fun while still carving out time for romance. How about:
- A romantic breakfast in bed before the little ones are up and at it.
- Taking the kids to an indoor play park like Gymboree. While the kids are playing, catch up on the latest news with your honey.
- Starting a new tradition where everyone exchanges cards and small gifts (e.g. small stuffed animals, novelty items or mini boxes of candy) to show their love and appreciation for each other.
- Ordering take-out for dinner and watching a movie together. Try a cute film that focuses on love like "The Princess and the Frog".
- Making some sweet treats with the kids for everyone to snack on during the movie, like homemade brownies with hot cocoa.
- Once you've put the children to bed, you and your honey can treat each other to a relaxing massage.
Of course, if you're lucky enough to have a sitter to watch the kids for the day, or better yet, the weekend, you can be a little more adventurous. How about:
- A romantic dinner for two at a posh hotel.
- A full day spa retreat featuring a host of services especially for couples.
- A weekend getaway at a cozy bed and breakfast.
If you're parenting alone or currently single, guess what? You deserve to enjoy your Valentine's Day too. You might consider:
- Treating yourself to a beautiful floral arrangement.
- Scheduling an appointment for a facial, mani and pedi.
- Creating an at-home spa and pampering yourself with some luxurious bath products, like the "Pucker Up Gift Set" available at MayaIndia. You'll have the perfect ambiance when you add candles and a glass of wine or a cup of herbal tea.
So whether your Valentine's Day will include the whole family, you and your sweetie, or just you enjoying some "me time", make sure your day unfolds the way YOU want it to. After all, if mommy ain't happy, ain't nobody happy, right? With proper planning, your day can be filled with love and relaxation, because that's what you deserve.
Be sure to check http://www.MomsNCharge.com often for more fun and informative blog posts like this one.
What was your favorite tip, and what are your Valentine's Day plans? Do you plan to include the kids?